Wednesday, April 21, 2010

We made it to Poland!!!!!

Our flight left the next day to Frankfurt. We arrived there only to find out our connecting flight had been cancelled. They booked us on the last flight out (10:20) Since we know had a day in Frankfurt we were able to spend the afternoon with Vito's sister and her kids. She packed up the kids and so graciously picked us up at the airport and took us to see where they live. It was so nice to spend time with them, even if just for a little bit. Before she took us back to the airport we visited this cute German town. Some of it was 2000 years old. It has so much character and great German food. Vito got his pretzel fix. Thanks again Rebecca...you guys are awesome! I was still very skeptical about our flight to Poland.....but needless to say, it went and we are in our hotel room right now and could not be happier!

6 hours in Germany
Pretzels!!!!

Vito and his sister!

Us and the kids! Thanks for showing us around!


Fun at the airport!
Vito with our tickets to Frankfurt....so proud!


My BBC Friend.....he reported on the story all day long...he was one of about 20 reporters we saw



Vito staying connected....checking flights and Skyping parents!


The craziness of the Frankfurt airport.....it was pure madness!



8 comments:

  1. Yay! I am so happy for you getting to Poland!! Have a wonderful time meeting your little girls tomorrow. There are not enough words to describe the incredible feeling you will have the first time you see your precious girls. I can't wait to hear all about your meeting. Enjoy your time in Poland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY YAY YAY!!!!
    I hope you like Qubus! We got the Jr Suite with the spa-tub. I hope you got it too because you deserve the relaxation!
    I love the pictures from Germany. I want to go there too! Did you see the airport workers on their bicycles IN the Frankfort airport? It amazed us.
    I'm so happy you are going to meet your girls tomorrow. I can't wait to see them!!!!!!
    YAY YAY YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!! Have a great first meeting with your girls & enjoy your time in Poland!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you made it! I love the pictures of Germany. I was in Germany in 1992 (still a teenager then!) and I remember the Frankfurt airport being very intimidating. I love the little villages though!

    Have a great meeting with your girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news! It looks like you are following the "be flexible" rule very nicely so far. What a lovely German respite to rid yourselves of some of the anxiety of the trip. I am so glad you are there. I can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! I can't wait to hear about your trip and see pictures of the little ones. I am sure you will forget all about the last week once you see their beautiful faces.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOOOHOOOOO!!! That's fantastic news.

    And NOW I can go to sleep. It's three hours past my bedtime...

    And tomorrow starts the biggest adventure of all, as if this wasn't enough.

    Good luck tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Who's Visiting