Monday, April 19, 2010

Is it Groundhog Day??

Well...thank you for everyone's thoughts and prayers...our adventure continues!! The pilot came out and gave a speech that he might not get us to Germany...but definitely southern Europe (Vito was hoping Italy :-)) We were okay with this. The pilot came back out as we began to board letting us know they found some dust in the engines. He wasn't sure if it was Volcano Dust or just regular dust. He ordered the engine inspected, 30 minutes turned into an hour 1/2, which turned into an 8 hour thorough inspection of the plane. Short answer...we are in downtwn Toronto (again :-) ... we were here yesterday!) but at least tonight we are on Lufthansa's Tab. Our bags are still in the belly of the plane...and we will hopefully resume our seats tomorrow. They bussed all 350 of us together...so we are all out together. Lufthansa has been wonderful...they have given us bags with the essentials we need, room, dinner, breakfast etc... If all goes well...our 5 days in Germany will turn into 5 hours...we will not get to see Vito's sister...but we should have 5 hours to catch our flight to Katowice.
The saga will continue.......

8 comments:

  1. Oh no! At least Lufthansa is being so great about the whole thing. I pray that everything goes well the rest of the week and that you get to meet your two little girls on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Well I hope all goes well and you end up somewhere in Europe. CNN just said Lyon airport is still open.

    ReplyDelete
  3. UGH! I'll keep checking in and praying that you don't miss a single minute with your girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um...I sure hope someone is working on a nice t-shirt or memorial pin that says "I survived the Volcano in Iceland." Or maybe we should shorten it to "I survived Eyjafjallajökull." On second thought, keep the first option.

    I don't know what other wishes to send you, and I'm thinking I need to stop sending you anything, because it doesn't seem to be helping - in fact it's worsening your situation. So in order to help, I'll stop with the good vibes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, here's a helpful comment for your family and close friends who know your mailing address.

    Go to Zazzle.com and type in "I survived the volcano" and find something for this unlucky couple... I just spent two hours looking through the merchandise there and purchased a bunch of items for my parents ("I survived Eyjafjallajökull with my grandchildren" and one for my husband "I survived Eyjafjallajökull with my inlaws").

    ReplyDelete
  6. This seriously sounds like "Your Biggest Adventure Yet!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. The stories you will be able to tell... Not rain, nor sleet , nor volcanic ash can keep you away from your kiddos! Here's hoping you make it through to Katowice on time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brings back so many memories, minus the volcano of course. BJ and I are finally to the place where we can laugh at our travel mishaps to Poland. You will laugh one day too. For now, keep staying positive and know that you WILL get there... and when you do... it will be WONDERFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete

Who's Visiting