Saturday, April 24, 2010

We are in love!!!

First we just want to say thanks to everyone for reading our blog and offering such kind words. It really means a lot.

As you know we finally made it to Poland. Because of the delay we were set back one day. We had our meeting with the adoption officials Friday morning and it went well.
The first meeting was nothing less than amazing. Right when we walked in the door they grabbed our hands and led us up to see their cat and her kitten. We sat down with them and did puzzles and colored. They then asked if we would go outside and play with them. We ran, pushed them on a swing, ran, played with their balls, ran, played on a slide, ran, played in the sandbox, and ran. As you can see we ran a lot, they LOVE to run! The younger one has so much energy, she is full of life and loves to preform. She loves to dance and sign. She immediately took to Vito! The older one took a little longer to warm up to us. She is kind of quiet, very cautious but sweet as can be! When we came back in the afternoon, and when we drove up to the house they were waiting for us by the gate....our hearts melted. They were a lot more comfortable with us during the second visit....and like first visit we just had a ball playing with them.
Today we were able to visit them in the morning and the afternoon. During our morning visit they foster parents told them we were going to be their new mama and tata.....and when we came back in the afternoon they were calling us mama and tata! Talk about emotions.

What a wonderful two days. Here are some things we learned about them.
They love to wear skirts with tights.
The older one does not like bread and the younger one does not like potatoes
They love chocolate cookies, french fries, and the color pink
They love baths I even got to bathe them :)

The girls have spend most of their lives living with the same foster family. They were so welcoming...it is hard to put into words how at ease they made us feel. They are wonderful people and we are so grateful they have raised two beautiful girls! We are so thankful for them.
We are heartbroken to leave the girls but know they are in a wonderful place until we can return. We are also excited to get home and complete the paperwork so we can return ASAP!

We are in love!!!!

10 comments:

  1. Awesome!!! That is such wonderful news to hear that you finally met your girls and your first visits went so well!!! How old are they? I'm sure it was heartbreaking to leave them. Can't wait to hear you are returning with a court date!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in tears reading this. :-) I am so excited for all of you and we can't wait to meet the girls. Oh, and if they love skirts, send them over to me...I'm sure we could find some cute ones to make!!

    Tami, Paul, Allison, and Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ramie, I am so happy for you guys. It justs sound like it was a dream. What a blessing to know the girls have been so well cared for and will continue to be until they are yours. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! They sound so precious... And if they are anything like my guy, your first impressions will be right on the money for their personalities. Which means you have two spectacular little gals! Here's hoping you get back to them soon...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for you that your girls are being raised by a good foster family.

    I hope your return back will be soon, but it's good to know they're being taken care of.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sill not use to being an emotional person, but my GOD the flood gates opened when you said the girls were calling you mama and tata! I hope Magda gets your paperwork together immediately so we can meet in Warsaw!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful first visit. I'm glad to hear you finally made it. My daughter only wore skirts and tights as well. Kind of cute. I hope you can find a way to communicate while you wait for your date to return. Good luck and speedy return.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My wording was weird in my original post, but I wanted to say that I am so excited for all of you! I also love reading your posts and being reminded of what we are working for.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad that you had wonderful visits with your girls. Both girls sound amazing. How old are they? I hope and pray you have a court date very soon!

    ReplyDelete

Who's Visiting