Thursday, August 5, 2010

Finally......I-800's are approved!!!!!!!!

It has been a while since I have posted anything....mostly because anything I had to say would be negative. It has taken over 2 months but finally both girls have their I-800 approvals!!!!! Apparently when you have a guy named Vito call.....the job gets done:) If any of you have any specific questions about what we went through or would like some suggestions when you get to this point I would be happy to talk about it. But for now I need to let it go.

Lina had us send our DS-230's (visa applications) to Poland a couple of weeks ago. We also wired the money for their visa's to Poland at the same time. Now we are officially waiting for a court date. What an awesome feeling to have this step completed!

I just want to give a public thanks to all who have been so supportive. You have all let me vent via email, on the phone, or even in person. Yes we had dinner with Rebecca and Mike from www.ourpolishadoptionblog.blogspot.com and had a wonderful time with them. It was so fun to meet another couple that is going through this whole process. I wished you all lived closer and I would have everyone over for dinner! We will sleep well this weekend J

9 comments:

  1. YEAH! Not long now and you will be with your girls again. I am so excited for you!! I am sure I will be contacting you when we are in the 1-800 process, hopefully soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on that big step!! Have a good weekend & I hope you get your court date sooner than expected!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am flying high on your good news this weekend! I hope we are in Poland at the same time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHH!!! Congratulations! I figured from your lack of posts that you waiting, waiting for this. I hope you are on a plane to Poland in the next couple weeks! Imagine, you will be home at Christmas as a family of four!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad for you. One more thing to check off. Now that the Summer is coming to a close, you may get that court date sooner than you think... not that you wouldn't welcome a sooner date rather than a later one.

    I can only imagine what you had to go through. We had quite the time as well working with the feds. But as you said, it is important to just "let go." Once you bring your girls home you won't have a chance to think about it any longer. I am so happy for you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful news! Can't wait for the next good news update.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ditto on all the above. Whew! It is such a relief at this point to have this paper work done. I just have a great feeling that there will be lots of activity in the next few of weeks for all the waiting couples.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay!! That is wonderful news! I am so happy for you. I hope and pray you get your court date very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you get the court date soon! The waiting is the hardest.

    ReplyDelete

Who's Visiting