Thursday, June 17, 2010

Our gift to the girls!

If you would of asked us if we were going to get a playset for the girls before we met them...we would have said no. But after spending 2 days with them we quickly changed our minds. They love being outside running, swinging and playing. So instead of spending money on a lot of little things we decided our gift to them would be a playset for the backyard. We want them to continue to enjoy playing outside. We took some pictures of us playing on it to email them.

We sent a little package to them a few weeks ago. It finally made it there yesterday. Their foster father told us the little one uses her new pink princess play cellphone to call us and ask when we are coming. I wish I could call her little pink phone and tell her we'll be there tomorrow. Hopefully soon! He also email us a couple of pictures of the girls navigating his computer looking at all of the pictures we have sent them. He said they insist on looking at them everyday!

As for any update....Our I-800 is safe and sound in Lees Summit, MO. Hopefully it contains everything they need and we will have an approval very soon!




10 comments:

  1. I LOVE that playset! Where did you get it? Jim was just talking about putting one up this year. Mostly because he is going stir crazy waiting for a court date and needs a project to take his mind off of it.
    You will have that approval very soon I'm sure. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The girls are going to LOVE the playset!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that playset! It looks fun. I'm keeping my fingers crossed you get your court date soon. I know waiting gets tiresome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SWEET!!!! How totally cool is that!!!
    You both are the greatest!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is awesome!! I bet the girls were excited to get the pictures. I think it is so sweet that they love looking at your pictures so much and are so ready to come home. I hope you get your court date soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! That's an awesome playset!! I am hoping & praying with you that you guys get travel dates soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great gift and I am sure it will bring many memories for the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY GOSH!! That is one cool playset and it looks like you have one great big backyard too!! I love the communication you have with the foster family, it must be such a comfort!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How WONDERFUL!!!They are going to love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK. I guess I am going to sound like a stalker because I wandered into these blogs about adopting from Poland, and I am not adopting from Poland. ;-)

    During one of the restless nights waiting for my l7lH, I was googling international adoption and somehow ended up reading about Poland.

    I am adopting a sibling pair from Ethiopia through a MA agency.

    I have read so much of this blog and others, I may be posting on the wrong one, but I thought it said you are from SC. I am also in SC. I live in Mt. Pleasant.

    Anyway, I loved reading about your adoption story. Good luck! I think I may have to keep reading all the Poland adoption stories because I have the Ethiopian ones memorized I think... ;-)

    We too now make two trips, but the second one is rather short. Unfortunately, our courts close for rainy season for two months very soon. It is interesting to compare the process.

    Here is my blog if you ever need to keep your sanity in this insane world of international adoption. :-) Jennifer
    http://jennifer-myadoptionandbeyond.blogspot.com/

    .. Hopefully, you all won't rush and go private. I promise.. I am safe. :-) Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Who's Visiting