Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Making progress

This week we received Vito's birth certificate notarized by the county of New York. Within minutes of receiving the Fedex we put it back in another Fedex back to NY State to verify the City and County stamps. We also both had our medical exams today (just need to wait for the TB results this Friday, but so far no swollen forearms!) Tonight we will fill out child abuse clearance forms and send them to the following states. Colorado, Utah, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Alaska. We have to be cleared in every state we have lived in since we were 18 no matter how short of a period (hence Alaska, where I only lived for a couple of months). Fortunately, we don't have to come up with too many old addresses. I would have a a hard time with that since I have moved so much. Everything seems to be as good as expected...the only exception is our clearance of fingerprints from the FBI. We sent those in almost a month ago and they said it would only take 3 weeks. I am concerned because I just read another couples blog who's fingerprints could not be read by the FBI, so they have to start over. We hope the girl that took our fingerprints knew what she was doing. On a positive note, one of our blog friends just got a travel date to meet their 1 and 4 year old in Poland. That made our day!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ramie!!!
    I just found your link on adoption forums, I haven't been on that site in months either. I'm amazed how fast you are getting through the paperwork.

    I love your Weimaranar!!! The are such beautiful dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the start of your journey. It's always exciting to read about others' experiences.

    ReplyDelete

Who's Visiting