Monday, March 7, 2011

What a year!

March 2010-Referral Picture

March 2011-girls in their forever home!

1 year ago we saw the first picture of our little princesses. I was at home and Vito was out of business. I emailed the picture of them and he stepped out of a business dinner to look at the picture. He called me and asked why I didn't immediately say yes! I had to remind him that this was a pretty big deal and we needed to make this decision together. Needless to say we said yes and one year later we have two beautiful daughters. We can honestly say it has been the craziest year of our lives! These two little girls are so busy-always on the go! They are keeping us on our toes and we are loving it. Karolina is doing great in kindergarten! She is learning so much, has made friends, loves her teachers and loves her mama to read to her. Patrycja said the other day "I have to tell you something very important" (yes in a complete sentence) I said what do you need to tell me that is so important and she said "I love you".....melts my heart!

The girls are taking gymnastics and we just signed them up for swimming lessons. They have made friends, gone to several birthday parties, spent time with their new relatives and continue to ride their bikes. They love to help mama clean and cook and even do chores every weekend so they can make their own money. I can't believe how well they are adjusting. I know I have said it before, but it is like we have always been a family!

9 comments:

  1. I am so happy to hear that everything is going so well. Your girls are both so sweet. It sounds like they are loving everything about life in their new family. It definitely seems like you all have been a family forever, what a wonderful feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh melts my heart too!! Can't wait to meet them! Love them so much already! and love you guys too!! please give them hugs and kisses from their cousins!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't believe i just found your bog:( i have been looking at it all night and still have more to read! love it and love you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's SO amazing how the time is flying by now. Those are 2 loving girls that were lucky enough to have great care until they we united with their parents. I love hearing about their activities and school. It's just such a happy, amazing, wonderful story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful anniversary to celebrate!! Sounds like the girls have settled in perfectly to their lives at home :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 1 year seeing your daughters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look like happy little girls!! Happy one year of being a family!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it wonderful to look back and realize how much everyone has grown in a year's time - you, Vito, and your girls? There are no words to accurately describe how loved, comfortable,and settled your daughters look in their forever home. I am so happy for all of you!

    ReplyDelete

Who's Visiting