Sunday, May 16, 2010

Love Skype

We got to Skype with the girls both last Sunday and today. It was wonderful! Even though we can't fully communicate with them it is wonderful to see them and good for them to see us. They always ask to see Scooter and then they just want to see things around the house. Last week they asked to see our toys. Well, we don't have many toys yet so to improvise we showed them Scooters toys. After we hung up tata ran over to Toys R' Us and bought them a Disney Princess indoor tent and a few other toys. So today we were able to show them the tent, they seemed to love it. We showed them their room which is painted....but that is it. Hopefully the furniture will be here in 2 weeks so we can show them then.
The foster father told us today that now when the foster mother asks them to clean their room, the younger one says "I don't have to because this is not my house, my house is in the USA" She is a very smart little girl.
While it is so wonderful to talk to them and we wouldn't trade it for the world....it is hard when the foster father tells us they ask everyday when we are coming back and that when they see an airplane they ask if we are on the plane!
After the first Skype, prayers quickly changed from "please help us get to Poland as quickly as possible because we want to be with the girls" to "please watch over the girls and let them know we will be there as soon as we can"
We are hoping to the get the paperwork in the next day or two so we can file our I-800.




10 comments:

  1. Ramie,
    It's not the same as having them home with you, but isn't technology is wonderful. I want to wish you a belated Happy Mother's Day. Next year it will be even better. Mike and I just laughed at your youngest's comment about cleaning her room. She's sharp and quick. Great pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHA VITO!!! He's going to be such a fun Dad. I'm glad he man enough to hang out in a princess tent. I hope you get your paperwork this week too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm so happy for you being able to skype with the girls. I hope and pray you are able to travel to get them very soon. The girls will LOVE the tent! I just your younger daughter's comment about not having to clean her room. She is such a smart little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the picture of ya'll in the tent!! I love the room cleaning comment too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome tent. I'm sure they'll have a blast in it. My kids love their tent and as many times as I fold it and put it away, they somehow always figure out where it is and open it back up to play.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Skype---what a great idea. It sounds like it is definitely helping with bonding even before you get there. The tent is fabulous! What lucky girls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So awesome! We had asked to skype and they just looked at us a bit strangely. I think it will make your transition even easier.

    I hope you get the travel news shortly. Seems like you guys are on a travel schedule similar to ours.

    Love the picture of everyone hanging out in the tent as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful way to connect. Love your tent picture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You two make me laugh that you showed the girls Scooter's toys. Ha! Great thinking on the fly! I love the tent too! All little girls should have a tent!! Skype is such an amazing tool to use and stay connected. It's got to just make a huge difference upon your return trip and staying in touch with the girls. I am keeping my fingers crossed for travel dates!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome tent! Allison asks every day if she can walk to your house to play in the girls' room again. She can't wait to have playdates with them!! I love that you get to see and talk to the girls with Skype. We're praying for a speedy process to get your girls!

    ReplyDelete

Who's Visiting